Network Connectivity & Security
The strength & quality of you / your guest's internet connection matters most to keep you connected. SquadCast does not provide internet connectivity. We help to establish your connection with your guests, but beyond that initial connection, the ISPs keep you connected. If anyone is disconnected from the session more than once we recommend
- keeping SquadCast as the focused tab in your browser because the background tab's connectivity can be throttled
- toggling Camera Off because video uses more network bandwidth than audio
- reconnecting from an Incognito tab, as a quick way to disable browser extensions, because they can throttle connectivity
- restarting the computer & resetting the WiFi router can help to stabilize the connection
- asking other people on the network to disconnect prioritizes your connection
- plugging into ethernet instead of WiFi reduced latency & can help to stabilize the connection
- running a network speed test & connectivity test will help shed light on your network status
- contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is helpful to inspect your network status
We require a minimum of 5 Mbps upload & download. We strongly recommend 10 Mbps upload & download or higher for the best experience.
SquadCast never intentionally removes, boots, or kicks out anyone from a recording session; we go to great lengths to connect you & keep you connected. If someone disconnects from a session, the app detects it, notifies them & suggests improvements to avoid it happening future-forward.
We don’t recommend connecting to SquadCast through a VPN, Enterprise, & or Medical networks. These are highly controlled environments that can block connectivity & recording functionality in SquadCast. We are happy to work with network admins to provide a list of addresses to allow access through firewalls in enterprise environments.
Restricted Countries or Regions
- Cuba: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are likely unable to access SquadCast
- Iran: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are likely unable to access SquadCast
- North Korea: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are likely unable to access SquadCast
- Syria: For regulatory reasons, users in this country are likely unable to access SquadCast
- Ukraine (Crimea Region): For regulatory reasons, users in this region are likely unable to access SquadCast
Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org